Need some help to make a battery powered device work direct on power

ne0son

Joined Apr 20, 2020
Ok, I have a sound device that works with battery, but this little friend here stopped working,in fact it still works, but apparently it is sending a lot less energy than it should, nor being able to turn on the LED that indicates it is charging.
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-20 at 14.22.55.jpeg

Then I open this and found that battery
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-20 at 14.22.56.jpeg

That goes here on the chip
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-20 at 14.22.55(1).jpeg

I don't have much knowledge about electronics other than the basics, I can identify some things on the device, but not enough, someone could tell me how to get me to send power to the device without needing the battery or the connector to charge

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That looks like a Lithium-ion battery, probably an 18650 type, will the device work if you put 5V in without the battery connected?
That's what I was thinking. Worst case, add a diode to drop the voltage a smidge.

I'd scavenge that connector if the battery is kaput.

ne0son

Joined Apr 20, 2020
I was looking for ways to control the voltage of an outlet, since we are in quarantine, I would not find resistors and transistors. But I just remembered that USB cables already do this job for me. As I have several unused at home, I stripped one, stuck the negative and positive of those that were connected to the battery and it is working perfectly. I was even able to use one of the screw holes to make the wire exit.WhatsApp Image 2020-04-20 at 16.35.21.jpeg

Ah, it seems that I touched some circuit of the led monitor, now it is not correctly positioned, but a minimal damage for having it working again