Need help with separating the transmitter and receiver in this ssb transceiver ckt.

antonv

Joined Nov 27, 2012
Most of the circuitry on the first schematic (modulator, ladder filter, if amp, product detector) are used by both the transmitter and receiver.

Do you just want to understand circuit functions or do you want physically separate transmit and receive circuits?

tedzxavier

Joined Mar 2, 2013
Most of the circuitry on the first schematic (modulator, ladder filter, if amp, product detector) are used by both the transmitter and receiver.

Do you just want to understand circuit functions or do you want physically separate transmit and receive circuits?
Hi there. I want to understand the function of a transmitter and receiver, not a transceiver since my professor told me to present the Tx board and the Rx board to a class. I'm not yet still good in designing and I can't find a transmitter and receiver online, only transceivers.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
@tedxavier

Did you explore the comprehensive links in the table above the linked schematics in your original post?

The two diagrams you linked are not the whole story. You probably need to explore the table above the schematics which have more detailed information about such matters as the microphone amplifier, VFO, carrier oscillator etc., which are essential for the transciever operation.

You'll even find an explanatory block diagram in the table.

Linked here ...

http://www.flashwebhost.com/tcvr/block.php

tedzxavier

Joined Mar 2, 2013
I have explored the table and I find it a sophisticated circuit. Does anyone here have a simple SSB transmitter and a simple SSB receiver schematics that can cover a football field with a Mhz frequency ?By simple, I mean the filter method. The professor has told us that there are Tx and Rx circuits that only consist of transistors. Problem is, I can't find one.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You have a block diagram of a SSB transmitter.

I would start with that and then look for the circuits that will function as the block.

What frequency have you decided upon? What output power is permissible by the FCC in that frequency band for "experimental radio"?

Draw your block diagram and then start applying what you learned to each block.