Need help with obsolete electro-mechanical pcb relay

Blackcypress-EB

Joined Feb 7, 2024
Hello all. This is a shot in the dark but I’m struggling with finding replacements for an obsolete pcb relay Omron G8P-UA-006202. There isn’t much info on the old ones but I’m trying to find if Omron G8P-1A4P 18VDC meets the minimum requirements and coil voltage. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction for a resource?

LadySpark

Joined Feb 7, 2024
18vdc isn't listed as an available voltage for either part number so can't answer the question.

Datasheet for new G8 series
Discontinuation for old one. < this datasheet has the coil information for the old one so you can compare.
Like I said 18VDC isn't listed on either one of the datasheets.
Because they discontinued the 18V relays back , I want to say, like 2002. People have been using 22V version in some things. Other things, they add a voltage divider to a 12V relay.

The 30 amp PCB relay has been discontinued for some time. So, its only available from surplus sellers at about twice the original price.

Blackcypress-EB

Joined Feb 7, 2024
18vdc isn't listed as an available voltage for either part number so can't answer the question.

Datasheet for new G8 series
Discontinuation for old one. < this datasheet has the coil information for the old one so you can compare.
Like I said 18VDC isn't listed on either one of the datasheets.
Thanks, I had found those sheets but didn’t see my particular G8P-UA-xxxxxx relay listed on them. They are a bit of a mystery. Thanks for taking the time to help out. It is appreciated.

Blackcypress-EB

Joined Feb 7, 2024
Because they discontinued the 18V relays back , I want to say, like 2002. People have been using 22V version in some things. Other things, they add a voltage divider to a 12V relay.

The 30 amp PCB relay has been discontinued for some time. So, its only available from surplus sellers at about twice the original price.
Thank you, those listed with the resellers are the reason I was going down that road of the G8P-1A4P to replace the G8P-UA-006202 I have now. I just couldn’t find any specs on the original to see if they were compatible.