Need help with a wireless distance sensor readout project design

ivomet

Joined Mar 24, 2019
Hello all,

My name is Ivo and I need help with a little project I am currently working on. I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anything similar so here it is. It's a project that requires precise distance measurement (via ultrasound and/or infrared lidar) and the transmission of measurement data wirelessly to a LED display. I don't have much experience with the design and construction of devices at this level, so I am looking for as much of a plug-and-play solution as possible.

Basically, I am trying to get the data from a sensor like TF Mini LIdar or C-SR04 Ultrasound Distance Sensor, send it over something like E32-433T30D Lora Long Range UART SX1278 433mhz or a bluetooth transceiver pair and display it on a simple 3/4 digit LED display. I would ideally like to achieve this with as little additional hardware or coding as possible.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

ivomet

Joined Mar 24, 2019
It will be used to determine distance between a camera and subject for focus and 3D tracking purposes. Environments vary, but will mostly be film sets, so radio interference might be an issue in some cases.