Need help to identify a component on motherboard of notebook.

tobs

Joined May 12, 2020
Hi guys,

i don't know if this is the right place to ask such a question, but what is the part with the print "P 1124" on it, you can see in the picture.
The Motherboard of my HP Laptop is damaged and before i call it trash, i want to try to replace the part which i cannot identify.
I guessed it could be a fuse but i really don't know. Maybe some of you can help me with that.

Thank you in advance!
Tobi

20200512_173933.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The fact it is ID'd as C5513 indicates it could be a capacitor and also appears to be a two terminal device.
The value would be the obstacle .
What makes you think it is defective?
Max.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I believe that that C is for the white one below it... that green thing looks like a fuse F5501. It s most likely an OEM fuse so might be difficult to figure out the value.

tobs

Joined May 12, 2020
Thanks all for your replies!
yes i mean that green thing, Polytronics might be a hit!
The value is an obstacle, i agree...

tobs

Joined May 12, 2020
The fact it is ID'd as C5513 indicates it could be a capacitor and also appears to be a two terminal device.
The value would be the obstacle .
What makes you think it is defective?
Max.
I think it should be black therefore it might be overheated. You can see the deformed solder.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I use those fuses, I have green ones, gold ones and black ones... check continuity with a meter. It does look like it reflowed itself... the flux marks all around it...

1589302193736.png

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I can't see a component going green through overheating.
You could measure it and compare to the polytronics parts.

If it is indeed a fuse then you need to check that it reads short circuit on your meter. If it is then it is OK.