Need help level shifting and amplifying!!

soyboy97

Joined Nov 3, 2019
I have an analog signal of 1V peak to peak that sweeps about 0V. The frequency of the signal is between 500 & 1000Hz. I need a circuit that shifts and amplifies the signal to 0.5-2V. The supply is +-10V.

I'm finding it hard finding stuff online to help. If anyone could point me in the right direction with this then it would be much appreciated.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

You can use an op-amp to sum input voltages. You can use either the inverting input or the non-inverting input to add or subtract a DC voltage to implement the desired DC voltage shift.

1572795425229.png

soyboy97

Joined Nov 3, 2019
Welcome to AAC!

You can use an op-amp to sum input voltages. You can use either the inverting input or the non-inverting input to add or subtract a DC voltage to implement the desired DC voltage shift.

View attachment 190516
Hi thanks for you reply. I don't quite understand what you mean. I cant sum the input voltages as i only have 1 input voltage

soyboy97

Joined Nov 3, 2019
hi 97,
A simple circuit like this would work OK.
What is the source impedance of the Vin signal, also it it assumes the +10V is stable.
E
Hi eric,

I've constructed a circuit similar to the one you sent. My output is a signal from 0-(-2.5). How would i change it to a positive signal from 0.5-2V?

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
That circuit you posted has no negative supply , so how can you get 0V to -2.5V.?
E

I see its been noted you have the supply inverted.!!