Need help identifying exactly what these two items are to determine resale value

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
They look like RF power splitters or combiners. You may have a difficult time making a determination of their worth without access to specialized and expensive test equipment. How did you manage to acquire them? Could they be stolen? Like from a government research program.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
First one looks like a RF or microwave switch box.
Second is a RF distibution box.
Not worth anything to me.

Google Cobham switches:

1634932815841.png

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The photographs that show the text are so poor that I can not read the text, nor identify the connector types. Thus there is no way to provide any certain determination. If the connectors are "F" connectors then they are cable TV equipment and not worth a lot to anybody else. But if the connectors are some of the much more expensive type then the box could be anything.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
In the better picture you lined out the manufacturer? People trying to help are going to first look at manufacturer and part number. They look like forms of microwave splitters as has been mentioned.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, now we see that the maker of the one is "Cobham" a company in the UK that makes microwave components and systems. With that part number you should be able to get more information, including the device name and function.And now that we see it has a bunch of pins, it is probably a very expensive item. Hopefully you have a good explanation of how you came to be in posession of the device.

Tinytinkererofuniquefinds

Joined Oct 22, 2021
yeah i originally had thought just having the part numbers bill could identify what type of rf distributor category it belonged in. also didnt imagine after originally making the inquiry post on these things i would get replied back by someone who brings up the question onto me inquiring as to if i possiblu stole to obtain each item to be down right arrogant and unwanted by me to hear.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
yeah i originally had thought just having the part numbers bill could identify what type of rf distributor category it belonged in. also didnt imagine after originally making the inquiry post on these things i would get replied back by someone who brings up the question onto me inquiring as to if i possiblu stole to obtain each item to be down right arrogant and unwanted by me to hear.
Not asserting anything like that. And mostly folks seem to deal direct with Cobham, hence my suggesting a visit to their website.
I once bought some surplus from a surplus dealer and it turned out that there was an error in their acquisition of some items. Fortunately the paper trail showed what I paid for them and who I paid it to and so I was not out any money. But it was a strange feeling dealing with those folks.
There is also a lot of stuff that has export regulations attached and so you should not sell the stuff to China or Russia.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Based of what I see on online shopping sites those two units could be worth $1000 each to someone who needs it badly.
Not me, I don't need them.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Anyone help me know exactly what these are
and if there valuable
The first is a Coaxial Switch. The middle socket connects to one of the side ones. Normally used in Radio Telecom Equipment for Auto Changeover between 2 sources.
The second one is a 8 way splitter. Used to distribute the RF signal to multiple receivers.

Not likely to have much of a resale value since these very rarely go faulty.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Given the number of pins on that "switch" and what looks like some sort of coaxial connector next to those pins, I am thinking it may be a bit more than a simple switch. So it might be quite useful to one who required that functionality, and even less useful to any others.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Those pins are for power feed AND position sensing of the contact arm. It is used in all telecom radio equipment and I have handled them.