Need help identifying a resistor

Master_Yeti

Joined Nov 5, 2016
Hi Folks.
I have a dead PSU board for a Samsung LCD computer monitor that has blown a resistor. The end user plugged a live kettle lead into the board and I think the power surge upset it. As such I am hoping a new resistor will fix it rather than replacing the entire screen.
My problem is I need some help identifying the blown resistor. I have tried the online calculators but although it has 5 bands on the resistor I cannot be certain they are telling me the correct rating for replacement as they are calculating it as a 4 band for some reason with a rating of 0.24ohm 5%.

I have attached an image of the culprit if anyone can possibly help me with the correct rating.

Attachments

Master_Yeti

Joined Nov 5, 2016
Many thanks for the assistance guys.

I was reading it as Red | Yellow | Silver | Gold | Black so I am thinking Dave's answer is probably the correct one.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I was reading it as Red | Yellow | Silver | Gold | Black so I am thinking Dave's answer is probably the correct one.
I agree with Dave 0.24R, I misread the Yellow as Orange, I would use at least a 1Watt resistor.

As that resistor has self destructed it possible that other components in series may have also failed.

E

Master_Yeti

Joined Nov 5, 2016
Thanks Eric. I appreciate there is a chance something else may have died also although the PCB is clean everywhere else. Just thought if I replaced the dead resistor then the worst that can happen is it blows again when testing and at that point I can just bin the screen.
I am working on the theory that it is cheaper and easier to try that and safely test before having to off the screen to the recycling gods :)

Martin