Joined Feb 26, 2016
hello , how are you all , i hope fine

i have just two question about voltage doubler

1-what are applictions of voltage doubler circuit

2-how we can make a voltage doubler circuit work more Efficiently

and thank you a lot for helping me

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well, let's see, you might use a voltage doubler in applications where you wanted/needed to double the voltage.

The second question is all but meaningless. If you start with a voltage doubler circuit that is very inefficient, then there would likely be lots of ways to make it more efficient. But if you start with one that is as efficient as a voltage doubler circuit can be, given present state of the art, then there is no known way to make it more efficient.

saif-aljanahi

Joined Feb 26, 2016
Well, let's see, you might use a voltage doubler in applications where you wanted/needed to double the voltage.

The second question is all but meaningless. If you start with a voltage doubler circuit that is very inefficient, then there would likely be lots of ways to make it more efficient. But if you start with one that is as efficient as a voltage doubler circuit can be, given present state of the art, then there is no known way to make it more efficient.
thank you very much , WBahn , you helped me a lot with this question and others ..

saif-aljanahi

Joined Feb 26, 2016
i asked my teacher about how we make this circuit more efficiently and he said by add an emitter common transistor or collector to Amp the current , is this correct ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i asked my teacher about how we make this circuit more efficiently and he said by add an emitter common transistor or collector to Amp the current , is this correct ?
What circuit????

You haven't given a circuit for consideration!

There a MANY different types of voltage doubler circuits. We are NOT mind readers!!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you have a transformer, why not just double the turns on the secondary and be done with it. Get rid of the doubler altogether and just use the diodes to make a full wave rectifier.