Need help finding the value of this resistor

eDigitCom

Joined Apr 27, 2021
That is a fusible resistor that started to fuse but not quite. That's how they burn, slowly changing value. Taken from a random datasheet: R≤2.0Ω Fusing time within 60 seconds at 36 times of rated power
Do fusible resistors come in different values. And if a fusible what does R13W stand for

eDigitCom

Joined Apr 27, 2021
Thanks very much
I not sure your are correct that all fusible are wirewound ?? There also seems to be a Fusible Carbon Film MELF Resistors . I could not find a 1 OHM 3 watt fusible wirewound -- It seems they do not come in such a low value. However I can locate a Fusible Carbon Film MELF Resistors at 1 ohm 3 watt This may mean the fusible resistor that was there was a Fusible Carbon Film MELF and not a wirewound

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I not sure your are correct that all fusible are wirewound ?? There also seems to be a Fusible Carbon Film MELF Resistors . I could not find a 1 OHM 3 watt fusible wirewound -- It seems they do not come in such a low value. However I can locate a Fusible Carbon Film MELF Resistors at 1 ohm 3 watt This may mean the fusible resistor that was there was a Fusible Carbon Film MELF and not a wirewound
The appearance of the resistor you have is wirewound but that is not a requirement if the specifications otherwise match.