Need help designing a circuit

lelandlizard

Joined Aug 24, 2021
I am interested in finding someone that could design a circuit (as i don't remember what components, switches, diodes, thermal switches, etc to use or how to wire it together as i only studied electronics about a yr, many years ago) and said person would be willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement and other legal documents in exchange for part of any potential sales profits and royalties for their time and effort. please contact me at

Mod: Deleted email link.E

Last edited by a moderator:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is no way that I would agree to such conditions. Bringing a product to market is a non-trivial task with numerous unquantifiable risk factors. Your promises of future profits are worth less than a dime-a-bale in 10 bale lots.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I'm retired, and I can no longer afford adventure. I'll take my fixed income bond portfolio and pass the torch to one or more of the "young turks".
Ditto, well mostly, though not yet having to touch the pension/investments but I still enjoy a challenge.... its not about the money, never was.... :)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Ditto, well mostly, though not yet having to touch the pension/investments but I still enjoy a challenge.... its not about the money, never was.... :)
That is true. It was seldom about the money and most of the time we got paid a decent wage to do development. We never took on the responsibility for the success or failure of the enterprise. We left that responsibility to other "brighter" and "smarter" people. I also got stiffed a few times, but never for more than I could afford to lose.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
We never took on the responsibility for the success or failure of the enterprise.
Not when it was my own company :) I was head-hunted as CTO onto the board of a start-up that lasted 6mo until the parent pulled the funding cos they got cold feet. Fortunately I'd negotiated a severance package equivalent to a years salary! So I took that and started my own tech consultancy in the same sector which was very lucrative for 7y or so until the UK tax grabbers started sniffing around 'independents' like me. Had 2 major investigations in 5 years but they couldn't make it stick as my contracts were rock-solid, but got fed up with the hassle and work was drying up at the top-end so opted to go permanent with my then latest client. But those 7y were gold! And occasionally nail-biting....

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Not when it was my own company :) I was head-hunted as CTO onto the board of a start-up that lasted 6mo until the parent pulled the funding cos they got cold feet. Fortunately I'd negotiated a severance package equivalent to a years salary! So I took that and started my own tech consultancy in the same sector which was very lucrative for 7y or so until the UK tax grabbers started sniffing around 'independents' like me. Had 2 major investigations in 5 years but they couldn't make it stick as my contracts were rock-solid, but got fed up with the hassle and work was drying up at the top-end so opted to go permanent with my then latest client. But those 7y were gold! And occasionally nail-biting....
Yes, of course. When it is your own company and you get to pick up ALL the marbles, it is a completely different story. Never had any difficulty with the taxing authorities, made my quarterly estimated payments, and ended up close to even with no big refunds and no big end of year corrections in all those years. Never got sued, and never had a loss big enough to get an attorney involved.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Never had any difficulty with the taxing authorities, made my quarterly estimated payments, and ended up close to even with no big refunds and no big end of year corrections in all those years. Never got sued, and never had a loss big enough to get an attorney involved.
The revenue mob got new legislation to cover 'disguised employees' called IR35 which gave them carte blanche to try and make every independent contractor a "disguised employee". It was, and still is, a farce. Everything I did was above board, documented and legal, but they tried hard to find a way in...

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The revenue mob got new legislation to cover 'disguised employees' called IR35 which gave them carte blanche to try and make every independent contractor a "disguised employee". It was, and still is, a farce. Everything I did was above board, documented and legal, but they tried hard to find a way in...
It sounds positively ... Orwellian
I'm seeing a good deal of complaint about Brexit having some unintended consequences. What is your take so far?