Need help about a Quadcopter PDB

Muhammad Awais Akbar

Joined Aug 3, 2018
Hi,
I have came across a pdb used in quad-copters. I accidentally busted one of the components by applying reverse polarity. Could any of you here please tell me what components is this? Can i replace this ?
is the image

Muhammad Awais Akbar

Joined Aug 3, 2018
Hi, Thanks for your reply. What parameters are needed? like voltage rating and capacitance or there are other parameters too for this special type of capacitor?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
What parameters are needed? like voltage rating and capacitance or there are other parameters too for this special type of capacitor?
Voltage, capacitance, and size.

Consider yourself lucky if you don't find that other components were damaged. Most integrated circuits don't tolerate reverse polarity well. They look like a diode across the power source and the internal power metalization and/or bond wires can open like a fuse.

Muhammad Awais Akbar

Joined Aug 3, 2018
Voltage, capacitance, and size.

Consider yourself lucky if you don't find that other components were damaged. Most integrated circuits don't tolerate reverse polarity well. They look like a diode across the power source and the internal power metalization and/or bond wires can open like a fuse.
Hi, thanks for your input. I checked the circuit and the capacitor is installed across a 5v bec rail. So i assume it should be 5v?