need expert to teach or explain how electrical components work basics.

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
resistors
transistors
capacitors
mophset.

=====================================================================================
1:when do i use a resistors and since they have different color does it matter ? which one i use.
say if i have a board with 1 resister blown out and now becuase it is blown i have no way of finding out what color it had on the resistor , how do i go around that , can i just fit in any resistor and make it work.

does resistors leg has to be on the right way or can we just add it any side.

================================================

2: transistors can i use it to make basic on/ off switch
or maybe turn led1 on/ led2 on switch

=================================================================

3: capacitors when can i use them.

4: mophsets can i use them as a switch also turn on/off or switch motor1 on / motor2 on

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I suggest you google for 'electronics tutorials'. Your questions are too general for simple answers in a forum.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
1:when do i use a resistors and since they have different color does it matter ?
Aside from aesthetics, the color of the body isn't important.
say if i have a board with 1 resister blown out and now becuase it is blown i have no way of finding out what color it had on the resistor , how do i go around that , can i just fit in any resistor and make it work.
In that case, you need a schematic or another board to use for reference.
does resistors leg has to be on the right way or can we just add it any side.
Resistors are not polarized. Orientation is a matter of style.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The EDUCYPEDIA has a lot of pages with information and tutorials on the following components:
Batteries
Buzzers
Capacitors
Chip packaging technology
Coils
Components
Crystals
DIAC
Diodes
Diode types
EMC-EMI filters
Heat Sinks
IC identification
JFET
Mosfet's
Peltier
Photo diode
Phototransistor technology
Photovoltaic systems
Processing
Relays
Resistors
Resistor: Linear
Resistor: Nonlinear
RF transformers
Semiconductors
Solar cells
Switches
TFT technology
Thermoelectric cooling
Thyristor
Transformers
Transformer types
Transistor
Triac
UJT

Varistors

Each link will show you a page with links to either companies or universities.

When you encounter a link that does not work, you can likely find it back in the internet archive:
https://archive.org/

Bertus

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
i think i learnt alot about resistor here

even its not in english i still understood him wow.
will try learn more.

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
do you know KCL and KVL. suppose you have LED which work on 3 volt dc and you have 5v dc supply. now you can connect LED to power supply. if you connect than your LED will damage. so think about it. what you are going to do and what you need. so you know resistor is use to limit current. so you need to drop 2v. resistor will use to save LED. buy some resistors , LEDs battery then do practice on breadboard see the result

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Here is what I suggest. Learning to swim in the deep end of the pool is not a good idea for obvious reasons. Learning electronics is like learning to swim. The best place to start is at the beginning, the very early elementary beginning. A good background and understanding of mathematics is necessary. A Google of "Electronics 101" should locate some very basic and elementary electronics theory. An understanding of the basic theory is where it all begins, the shallow end of the pool. There is some basic physics, followed by basic DC Theory followed by AC Theory. This is not something one learns in a week or two. This is why I suggest an online series or course of tutorials.

I joke with my neighbors when I say "Electronics have been very, very good to me". The reality is those "trons" put beanies and weenies on the table feeding us, allowed raising two children. and has allowed us a comfortable retirement.

Ron

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
i will learn ,am quick learner i been watching youtube videos how to calculate resistors so far its making sence and it is understandable so am geting their.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
mophsets can i use them as a switch also turn on/off or switch motor1 on / motor2 on
I believe those are MOSFETs you are referring to. ;)
Yes, they can be used as a switch in DC circuits, but only work for AC if properly connected and biased in a back-to-back configuration.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
i will learn ,am quick learner i been watching youtube videos how to calculate resistors so far its making sence and it is understandable so am geting their.
We are all different in how we learn, but I recommend avoiding Youtube videos that are not part of a respected series of lectures. There is endless bad information available on the internet, garbage mixed in with true gems. As a novice, you cannot easily tell the difference. It would be very easy to get off in the wrong direction. In my opinion, you will get farther along more efficiently if you take the time to learn the basics from respected sources such as those listed in this thread, and many others.