Need data sheet on FE3297F or FE3407F or R2A20282AFT IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by tcmtech, Mar 25, 2016.

1. tcmtech

Thread Starter Distinguished Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Okay it's rare that I find a IC I can't cross reference over to something else that has a usable data sheet but this time they got me. :mad:

I have a Hitachi P50H401 plasma screen TV that had the screen go out. I got it for free of course! :D

So far I have solved the board problems on both the X sustain and Y sustain boards and I have finally have it where it will stay powered up when I have the two SDR boards unplugged.

They have eight FE3297F IC's (TQFP100 package) on each of them and I can't find a datasheet that gives even so much as a basic description and pinout so I know what I am looking at to determine what's a good IC and which ones are shorted.

Apparently everyone and their dog sells them and their counterparts cheap but I want to know what exactly do those IC's do. I see them listed as both scan buffers and Voltage regulators.

2. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Apparently no one else can find them either? o_O

3. mcasale

Jul 18, 2011
    Could be. I searched and found nothing.

Is it possible this is a custom IC that Hitachi designed?

4. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Not really. There are at least 5 different manufacturers carrying the same part or an equivalent replacement. The three IC numbers I gave are all the same equivalent chip and every manufacturer has a link or links to different data sheets or such on major data sheet websites that don't work. :mad:

That's the bewildering part for me. How can it be made or carried by so many manufacturers and suppliers and everyone who carries them has a datasheet link and every single one of thems links go to dead ends. :confused: