Need advice and help, motor speed control.

panamaszr12

Joined Sep 4, 2021
I hope this is the correct part of the forum so here goes
I have a 90v dc motor running a rock tumbler. What I'm looking to do is add a controller to run variable speed, and a timed auto reverse. I;m hoping someone out there knows of a controller that does this. I can find a rheostat controler, but it only has a manual switching method. Any help would be great for my project.
Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
KB electronics make DC motor controllers, or there is the Treadmill versions, MC-60 or the PWM version, MC2100.
You would need to add a reversing relay and a timer.

Chiho9

Joined Oct 18, 2020
Hi.
A pulse width modulator would be good for the control if you are looking for some kind of precision.
Then for the timing , you can make a few adjustment by adding a timer as Max suggested

panamaszr12

Joined Sep 4, 2021

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
More info on the unit would be needed.
Most projects like this requires putting together some different systems and a little DIY.

panamaszr12

Joined Sep 4, 2021
More info on the unit would be needed.
Most projects like this requires putting together some different systems and a little DIY.
Awe more info.I have a lapidairy (rock tumbler commercial unit) it currently has a 1/4 hp ac motor no speed control. I want to replace the motor with a 1/4hp Dc variable speed motor 90VDC 3.0Amps for different media. I mainly use it for cleaning rifle brass, and coating bullets with HBN. I'm thinking by having the motor auto reversing this would help the process, unless I'm wrong. This is the reason for the auto reverse feature. Hopefully this helps to clarify things

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I doubt the reversing would help with the cleaning.
Washing machines and tumble driers reverse to reduce the clothes tangling. It doesn't sound like items you are cleaning would tangle.