Need a urgent help to select graphic MCU.

mycino

Joined May 9, 2012
Dear Allaboutcircuits users,

I work in Japan as engineer for foreign company.
I'd like to ask 8bit Graphic MCU that to calculate a small size of image and 10 frames motions.

I found few 8bit graphic MCU such as , GPL32300A which produced by General Plus.
But it is so expensive than my expectation.

Here is my question with it.
1.Would you recommend me that a few cheaper 8bit graphic MCU than GPL32300A?

Thank you so much.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Don't know what a GP32300A is and can't get a datasheet. I do a google search and all the sites give the infinite hourglass. How about a link to an English datasheet.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
What is the specification of the bitmap (size, color depth)?

Eventually 18F PIC would be suitable, they aren't specialized graphical controllers, but are capable to handle small LCDs. With external EEPROM, even color TFT, for instance 1.8"

They cost a few $ only, in theory can be used standalone no developement board needed, only a flash writer.

It really depends on the type of display you intend to use, and the framerate/bitmap size/color depth.

18F PICs can be used upto 48MHz but there is some limit, they won't be powerful enough to animate large bitmaps full motion.

mycino

Joined May 9, 2012
Don't know what a GP32300A is and can't get a datasheet. I do a google search and all the sites give the infinite hourglass. How about a link to an English datasheet.[/QUOT

Thank u so much papabro.
There is a something wrong with gpl32300a datasheet.
I also can not find it on the website.
I am frustrated with it.
Sorry for it.
:--(.