Need a little help with component identification

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by lee3521, Apr 30, 2016.

  1. lee3521

    Thread Starter New Member

    Apr 30, 2016
    I am repairing a device in which the owner supplied 120Vac instead of the required 24Vac. As you can imagine, it was quite the fireworks show! It looks like there are only two issues with the board. One is a burnt trace which I have now repaired, however, the second problem is a burnt component which is a surface mount diode. The component is made by Fairchild, and has the markings AE26-GGG. The GGG seems to link to a transient voltage suppressor, but I can't find any reference to the AE26 markings. I am planning on replacing this component with a Fairchild Semiconductor SMCJ58(C)A. Does anyone have any experience with this component? Am I on the right track?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!