Need a little help building my first circuit without a breadboard.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I use most often what Audioguru explained but, also, for certain designs involving RF I use Manhattan style.

Here below, there is a 1,2 MHZ Clapp oscillator used to measure permtivity (the full post post could be found in this site).
20200928_175907.jpg

Sasuke Uchiha

Joined Jan 15, 2022
Thanks for the help guys. I learned a lot of interesting things here.

I decided to go with a power management board for now. Its a perfect excuse for me to finally learn soldering

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
This one is a totally different type of terminal strip AND it includes the "jumper strips" to join adjacent terminals. AND it looks good. The first post had a terminal strip usually used for mains voltage wiring, which had shield to prevent touching any conductors. It also had terminals that were made to accept bare wire. The strip shown here works best with terminals, although I have used many of them with just bare wire.
This one is a totally different type of terminal strip AND it includes the "jumper strips" to join adjacent terminals. AND it looks good. The first post had a terminal strip usually used for mains voltage wiring, which had shield to prevent touching any conductors. It also had terminals that were made to accept bare wire. The strip shown here works best with terminals, although I have used many of them with just bare wire.
It seems that left and right in the photo depend on point of view. With this terminal strip arrangement there is a separation at the middle with three red wires being positive and on the other side three black wires on terminals being negative. No "ground" is seen or implied, but rather positive and negative, (probably), or just Red and Black,(definitely). "Ground" does not seem to apply to what is shown.