Need a Enable/ Disable Chip which operated on MCU Pulse high and low

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I am trying to make a design were if MCU gives pulse or a clock high then circuit should function else it shouldn't operate.
How often does the MCU have to send the pulse?
You can use a monostable multivibrator circuit.
Why not just let the MCU enable the circuit with a logic signal?

patelankur2603

Joined Jun 6, 2022
How often does the MCU have to send the pulse?
You can use a monostable multivibrator circuit.
Why not just let the MCU enable the circuit with a logic signal?
The Program of MCU cannot be altered so, we have Pulse coming from MCU. when it activates the high signal it should enable the chip and next circuit should work. if signal is low, it should deactivate the corresponding circuit. the chip will have 1 input with 1 output. will think about monostable multivibrator

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The Program of MCU cannot be altered so, we have Pulse coming from MCU. when it activates the high signal it should enable the chip and next circuit should work. if signal is low, it should deactivate the corresponding circuit. the chip will have 1 input with 1 output. will think about monostable multivibrator
Your request is inconsistent.

If the signal is high the circuit works.
If the signal is low the circuit is deactivated.
Why not use this signal directly as an ON/OFF signal?

patelankur2603

Joined Jun 6, 2022
Your request is inconsistent.

If the signal is high the circuit works.
If the signal is low the circuit is deactivated.
Why not use this signal directly as an ON/OFF signal?
I am not able to understand what does the on/off signal means?? MCU is used for a detector and when signal is detected MCU which change its state to High and i want that circuit to operate only when high pulse signal input.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
On the face of it, all you need is already there. The high signal from the MCU corresponds directly with the enable signal for “the chip”.

Could you say specifically what “the chip” is and what the deficiency in the high signal from the MCU is for your purpose?

A diagram (in not a schematic) would be very helpful in answering your question.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
detector -> MCU -> output signal -> enable device

Or maybe you need to express more clearly with the aid of a diagram what you are trying to accomplish.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
(I am now wondering if “the chip” needs to be pulled low to operate, but anything I come up with is going to be pure surmise.)

patelankur2603

Joined Jun 6, 2022
(I am now wondering if “the chip” needs to be pulled low to operate, but anything I come up with is going to be pure surmise.)
In the attached image. There is a circuit which is giving output 5v continuously to lcd 16*2 and keeps light on lcd. Now when a signal through MCU comes in high i need that light to turn on. Then it should be off when signal turns low. So inbetween i need a ic so that it controls this process

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
We are going around in circles with the same request.

Circuit outputs 5V continuously to turn on LCD.
When circuit outputs 0V LCD is turned off.
In many instances you do not need anything else.

If you need to enable power to the LCD then a simple power transistor or mechanical relay is all that is needed.

patelankur2603

Joined Jun 6, 2022
We are going around in circles with the same request.

Circuit outputs 5V continuously to turn on LCD.
When circuit outputs 0V LCD is turned off.
In many instances you do not need anything else.

If you need to enable power to the LCD then a simple power transistor or mechanical relay is all that is needed.
the backlight should be on only when mcu gives high signal. Now i think seeing the below idea you might understand what i am trying to achieve.

Mod: tidied your image.E
2428A34D-CBE0-4A16-BE99-A5CF0B986BD7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Why do you want to turn off the 5V supply on the LCD?
How much current does the LCD require?
It is quite likely that your 24V to 5V converter consumes more current than the LCD itself.

How much current does the backlighting consume?
If you wish we can turn of the backlighting with a transistor.