NE555 timer help please?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I suspected as much when you saw no improvement.
The purpose of the resistor is to help isolate the 555 from the rest of the circuit.
The resistor must go only to the 555 circuit with everything else being powered directly from the supply.
Good detective work on that.
It's interesting how those with the experience make one assumption while the uninitiated will do something differently.

Fluxor1964

Joined Jun 11, 2015
Ahh.....ok tomorrow I will do the changes before I go to the trouble of finding an alternative circuit...thank you.

Neil.

Fluxor1964

Joined Jun 11, 2015
ok the downside is that I did the alterations and nothing changed, the upside is that while digging through my junk box I came across a
function generator that I had built a few years back using the XR2206 waveform generator chip....since I have never used it, I am going to butcher it and use the XR2206 in my tremolo project, it has 3 waveforms sine, square and saw so I will just use the sine wave, first I will breadboard it and make sure of my component values for my low frequency requirements then HOPEFULLY.........

thanks for your time guys.

Neil.

Fluxor1964

Joined Jun 11, 2015
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have one last question since everything suggested has failed and although adding an RC filter at the output reduced ambient noise in the circuit the click is still being as stubborn as ever......I am abandoning the NE555 and my question is I am wondering if there is a simple op amp circuit that will give me the low frequency I need?.....I don't car if it's sine or square?

If not then I will use my XR2206 although I was hoping to keep that for a function generator at a later
date.

Neil.