Each of my two sump pumps is on a dedicated 20 Amp circuit and each on its own GFCI. All outside outlets and my whole garage are GFCI. I have gotten fond of them.I added a GFCI outlet (5mA) to power my entire workbench power for extra safety, I recommend it to everyone.
I was using a power tool in wet weather and it kept tripping the GFCI and I never once felt a shock, and yet I know that the current went through my hands and arms. evidently some folks are far more sensitive than I am.I inadvertently tested one once and can attest to it being more than a "sting".
Felt about the same as a 120V AC shock without the GFCI, although it did trip.
Many power tools intended for outdoor use are double insulated, But all exterior outlets should be GFCI, what can happen is that there was leakage from the wet/damp power tool to GND and resulted in the CFCI trip, rather than through you!I was using a power tool in wet weather and it kept tripping the GFCI and I never once felt a shock, and yet I know that the current went through my hands and arms. evidently some folks are far more sensitive than I am.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|A||How to judge the drinkability of water whatever its nature||General Electronics Chat||4|
|E||Nature of Current consumption of BLDC motor||General Electronics Chat||8|
|Some musings on the nature of infinity...||General Science, Physics & Math||28|
|Components-the nature of static electricity||General Electronics Chat||4|
|Turning your back on nature...||General Science, Physics & Math||14|
by Robert Keim
by Lisa Boneta
by Luke James
by Luke James