Name of an electronical component

Needhelp1232

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Hello,
I am looking for the name of this electronical component that looks like a piston (see picture). It is an electronical pull out ring and i can’t find the name of it. Can someone help me ? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Are a spring and keeper missing so it doesn't fall apart?

By keeper, I mean something like an E-clip (aka Jesus clip) that fits in the groove at the very end and keeps it from falling all the way out:
1610635026246.png

You seem to describe a metal pedal that activates the plunger, which activates or opens the switch contacts (e.g, reduced diameter allows switch to open).

Needhelp1232

Joined Jan 14, 2021
I would guess a standard small jack connector with a "custom contact pin"
Are a spring and keeper missing so it doesn't fall apart?

By keeper, I mean something like an E-clip (aka Jesus clip) that fits in the groove at the very end and keeps it from falling all the way out:
View attachment 227753

You seem to describe a metal pedal that activates the plunger, which activates or opens the switch contacts (e.g, reduced diameter allows switch to open).
Yes, you need to pull quite hard to get it out so I think something is blocking it to avoiding falling.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Looks like a standard 1/8” jack with a contact and a custom milled “plug”. The jack would prevent the plug from being pulled out just like a headphone plug.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
What my take is that it's a trip wire plunger. If you pull it out it sets off an alarm. To reset it the device has to be opened and the pin put back in to silence the alarm. It's not electrical at all. It's just a pin that isn't easily reset by an unsuspecting victim who triggers the alarm.

alex.will

Joined Jan 13, 2021
I think this is only a mechanical push-pull switch, I am not assure that this one same is available or not but you can find similar on google.
because some of the companies manufacture their own components for the particular products and don't sale them.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Back in the 90's at Traders Village in Houston TX I bought some door alarms that had an alarm unit and a plunger on a string. Open the door (or window or a string across the floor where a foot could snag it) and the string would pull the plunger out and set off the alarm. A burglar would not stop and take the time to figure out how to silence the alarm, especially if the pin was difficult to find. The home owner could take the time to reinsert the pin and thus silence the battery powered alarm.