My website is up!!

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I side with zzz. Replace the black background with some softer graphics, like AAC or

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/

Your Nixie Clock photo is missing a link.
I believe my server is having issues...

But, Thank you all for your input, I had been considering changing the graphics myself.
(and the red pointy thing is a legit glitch, I know how to fix it, it just might take a bit...)

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Mkay, I fixdid the pointy glitchy thingy, wasn't as complex as I expected; and the server seems to have gotten it's coughs out, so I'll get started on the color changes. (and the electro tech link)

In the mean time, does anyone see any other glitches or have any suggestions?

*edit if you are interested in my opinion, I made possible color changes, I just looked at a few popular sites and saw a sort of "pattern"
I'm just going to link the image, because I read on this forums that people can obtain my IP if I don't upload something as a pdf, and that kind of freaks me out /paranoid
Did you modify the HTML to make the changes, or use paint/photoshop??
Just curious.

-----------------
Thoughts on this, or is the border necessary? (the little black ones from zzz's pic, ignore the red border on the uploaded picture)

Attachments

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Just thinking, you don't seem to explain very much how the Tesla coil works using resonance. You only describe how the tank circuit oscillates. You don't talk about how it matches the resonance of the secondary and why it raises the voltage so much. Something else to think about ;)

Looking great so far!
Der Strom

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Thanks, I meant to explain that, guess I didn't do a very good job :p
I'll try to add that bit in

Also, Color change should be live at http://thesolderblob.com/
though the site seems to be slow, so be patient.

[EDIT]

Alright, I think I got the link attached, the email contactablilty with the captcha to stop the spams, and all the colors mice and pretty.
Anybody have thoughts?

Last edited:

zzz_tired

Joined Nov 12, 2011
Mkay, I fixdid the pointy glitchy thingy, wasn't as complex as I expected; and the server seems to have gotten it's coughs out, so I'll get started on the color changes. (and the electro tech link)

In the mean time, does anyone see any other glitches or have any suggestions?

Did you modify the HTML to make the changes, or use paint/photoshop??
Just curious.

-----------------
Thoughts on this, or is the border necessary? (the little black ones from zzz's pic, ignore the red border on the uploaded picture)
I used paint, I haven't learned much about programming at my school yet >.<

oh and I only put borders because I didn't know if there were borders there that were unseen due to the background (black borders on a black background)

Last edited:

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I used paint, I haven't learned much about programming at my school yet >.<
Me niether, lol

oh and I only put borders because I didn't know if there were borders there that were unseen due to the background (black borders on a black background)
there are, kinda, but they're everywhere because of all the spacers and miscellaneous divs' I put in to make things look right :rolleyes: