My website is up!!

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
It's officially alive at http://thesolderblob.com/
I put a bunch of links on it, if anyone else wants one just say so, and if people could put links to my site, I would appreciate it a lot!!

(I will be adding articles in a semi-regular fashion.)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It's officially alive at http://thesolderblob.com/
I put a bunch of links on it, if anyone else wants one just say so, and if people could put links to my site, I would appreciate it a lot!!

(I will be adding articles in a semi-regular fashion.)
Nice! I hope it really grows. I love the website name. :)

Jacobs ladder. That was one of my first projects. I still have it down in the basement. Where did you snag the neon sign transformer?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Jacobs ladder. That was one of my first projects. I still have it down in the basement. Where did you snag the neon sign transformer?
Hey, me too! ...Sorta.... I built a Jacob's ladder while building my first Tesla coil...
I happened to have a friend who ran a neon sign repair shop out of his basement. I gave him a call and he gave me a 9kV 60mA NST and a 12kV 30mA NST for free. It's nice to have friends!! :D

Der Strom

EDIT: I thought I should mention, he wasn't much of a friend at first--I just knew about him. I found his shop in the yellow pages and gave him a call, and *POOF!* 2 NSTs and a new friend :D

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Hey, me too! ...Sorta.... I built a Jacob's ladder while building my first Tesla coil...
I nabbed a 12/30 off ebay and got the 15/30 in the video from a rummage type store for $20
mainly for the purpose of a tesla coil :D

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
@Magnet18 - congrats on the website!. Are you going to have an "off topic" for Loosie to join? :) :D
nah, this isn't a forum, but I might make a page honoring him...
Hi, nice start.

But I'm missing your Nixie tube clock project.
How's that coming along, anyway?
It's "done" in a sense, I just need to order the boards and parts and make a case... I really need to get around to doing that...

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Alright mark, I finally got your link on there.
Sorry it took so long, I had a number of problems come up, primarily, both real computers in my house crashed, and I had to restore one, then remove it's hard drive and use it to install windows on my hard drive, because I couldn't boot from CD or SD or anything else, then I had to re-install the OS again through n SD card since my disc reader wasn't working, and long story short computers decided they hated me for a few days.
Anyway, thanks!

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Thanks, I fixed it, and thanks for reading it :D
If you find any more please let me know :)

and there's a substantial amount of traffic, not sure how many actual hits though.

zzz_tired

Joined Nov 12, 2011
I'm sorry if I seem rude, disrepectful, or not helpful... Just giving my opinion to try and better the site.

The site looks very...unappealing, if I was casually browsing through websites, I would leave before giving it any consideration. I know its a matter of preference, but I would suggest changing the blue on the page, and the black background. Also, have it so when you scroll over an image, it lights up in a similar color, just a different shade.

again sorry if this offends you

*edit if you are interested in my opinion, I made possible color changes, I just looked at a few popular sites and saw a sort of "pattern"
I'm just going to link the image, because I read on this forums that people can obtain my IP if I don't upload something as a pdf, and that kind of freaks me out /paranoid
*edit 2 theres a glitch with the box that shows up when scrolling the mouse over the plasma speaker image in google chrome, its really far to the right.

Last edited: