my FIRST WORKSHOP

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Home Depot/Lowes' Mega Mart type stores have long copper rods in the electrical conduit section, for driving into the ground 8-12 ft. Then a copper wire is clamped on the top of the rod and used to ground the conduit runs in the house. Using a rod like this would provide a very good ground return for connection to your AC electric distribution and the ESD mat as well.

;)

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
i got a pair of ugg boots for the workshop, its coold!
There for women and size 8 (im 10) but i dont care :D They are the warmest thing i have ever worn!!!

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Somewhat un-relatedly, this is MY first workshop (my desk)

without the giant pile of cans and all the clutter that now accompanies it...

Attachments

Home Depot/Lowes' Mega Mart type stores have long copper rods in the electrical conduit section, for driving into the ground 8-12 ft. Then a copper wire is clamped on the top of the rod and used to ground the conduit runs in the house. Using a rod like this would provide a very good ground return for connection to your AC electric distribution and the ESD mat as well.
Or clamp to COLD water supply, which is a couple of miles of copper runnig under ground.

Listen to The Bill here, i recently lost a couple circuits to ESD
4017 overheat-shorting out problem
Sure it was not that can of croak sitting on your bench?

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Its sunny and beauiful today in South Florida,do you know where that is.
Have you ever been to Florida,which city.This question can apply to anyone.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Its sunny and beauiful today in South Florida,do you know where that is.
Have you ever been to Florida,which city.This question can apply to anyone.
I've been to FL twice. In 1972, I attended a vocational techical high school. My girlfriend's family moved to FL during my senior year. At that school, if you worked in your trade, your senior year schedule was ... work two weeks, school two weeks. I worked in the engineering dept of a small radio station (I did the PMs, troubleshooting, worked the console in the evening, and the remote broadcasts). Anyways, back to the story. In the first two weeks of Jan, I went to work. The second two weeks ... I skipped school and went to FL (Jacksonville and Ft Lauderdale). Then I went back to work and finally went back to school. The teacher was wondering where I've been and I told him I went to FL. Back then, hijacking the airlines to CUBA was pretty popular and naturally, a small xcelite screwdriver I had in my pocket set off the alarm. The FBI pulled me aside and I thought one of the DJ's put them up to it ... so I inquired if so and so put them up to it. When they said no, I showed them the screwdriver and I proceeded to board the aircraft.

Trip two. I was on the staff of Commander Atlantic Area in the Loran-C branch. I went to FL to visit the Loran-C station at Malone FL and do an inspection at the Loran Monitor Site near Destin FL (it was maintained by the ETs at the small boat station in Ft Walton Beach).

That's the extent of my visits to the Sunshine State.