my computer won't start

paachu802

Joined Feb 5, 2014
when i push power button power & hdd led splashes for less than a second and turns off...green led on the motherboard had turned on means power is coming to board...no cpu fan starts....no smps fan started...
....i did 2 things...

disconnected all things (hdd,dvd drive)
reconnected with a diffrent smps...same issue....problem not solved.....
disconnected power switch cable from board and shorted pin on motherboard ...same output...
motherboard =asus p5kpl

what to do???

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I had a very similar problem for a long time. It turned out I had a bad RAM card. I suggest removing all but one RAM card (MAKE SURE YOU WEAR AN ANTI-STATIC WRIST STRAP!) and try again. If it works, go ahead and pop in another one. If it stops working, then that is probably a bad RAM card. You can run MemTest86 to check the modules one-by-one. Just load the program onto a blank flash drive and boot from the USB.

http://www.memtest86.com/

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I believe he tried that.
OK I missed the smps.
Appears it may be a short, generally this can be the Uproc itself, It may be a costly long shot but the Proc or Memory stick may be the cause.
This has been the cause in the cases I have had.
Max.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I had the same problem.

First time.
I was upgrading ram. Turned pc off. Installed ram. Turn pc on... nothing. Started checking things out. As I turn On button, the On led built into the On button would flash, the cpu fan would start to spin and stop right away. Stand By led on mobo is solid green (as it should be).

Second time.
Upgraded the video card. Turned pc off. Installed the card. Turn pc on, same exact problem. Stand By led on mobo is on, no problem there. The cpu fan would start spinning and then stop.

What worked for me. Turn the power supply on so the pc is in stand by mode, if you have stand by led on the mobo, it should be on. Let the pc be for a few hours. Both times I left the pc in stand by mode overnight. Came the next morning, I push the On button and pc booted like normal.

paachu802

Joined Feb 5, 2014
guys i reinserted ram module(DDR2) as with ur suggessions ...same issue

i found this thing after it..
i connected only 24 x 1 pin power connector without connecting 4 pin power connetor to board...now its turned on ...now cpu fan is working...but no display(i think bec 4 pin not connected)..so i think the problem is there with 4 pin...when 4 x 1 pin is connecting to board nothing is working...so what to do...