Music that makes you smile

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
This didn't just make me smile, it made me laugh uncharacteristically loudly in my office which I think made coworkers nervous. They don't usually even know I'm here. Half way through my lunch break I had to leave and go watch his other music videos in my truck in parking lot because trying to contain myself was giving me a headache.

RE: Randy Newman's 'Short People' -- Ever think he may have been disparaging electricians --as opposed to the 'stature-challenged'--? Just a thought -Or, rather, ITWO Michael Stipe,: 'a little problem to occupy my time';)

With stoned regards
HP

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014

Animation is about St. Basil if anyone is curious.
https://www.rbth.com/history/327004-blessed-basil
My aunt was a nun in the order of St Basil. She passed away at 96 yrs old in 2019. She was an amazingly hard worker, was always busy and she loved music. That would have made her smile!

https://stbasils.com/

Early in the 20th century the order sent missionaries here to the US to care for those immigrating from Ukraine. Interesting to note that, while St Basil was born in Turkey and lived in Russia, the order is based in Ukraine. Only highlights the fact that this is a stupid and senseless war!

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
RE: Randy Newman's 'Short People' -- Ever think he may have been disparaging electricians --as opposed to the 'stature-challenged'--? Just a thought;)

With stoned regards
HP
No, because the second verse pretty much clarifies....
But an interesting thought if one hears only the chorus when riding in a car with a pathological channel surfer.

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Chicago 2022‼ Their 55th year together. Lee Loughnane, Robert Lamm and Jimmy Pankow are the three original members still touring (Walter Parazaider is still listed as a member). Their 38th studio album is releasing July 15th.

And we’re here tonight seeing them live‼1459D776-73DF-4078-B953-18DA84EDD9F5.jpeg