Music Lovers

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey are those animations?
The second one gives me an idea, it is possible practical application. Right?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
2001... That animusic was done in 2001. I would like to see what a decade of computing power and musical influence would do to a newer rendering..

but, really good work.

killercripple

Joined Apr 15, 2010
Im a rock/metal head. i like all types of rock old school and new. from dio to disturbed from styks to slipnot. i love concerts. i've been to more in a year than 10 peoples life time

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I used to do live sound, you would have been to quite a lot of concerts to beat my attendance numbers. :) It is a different experience when you are "PART" of the production. Ive been a performer and a tech, and both are rather exciting.

In the beginning days, I used to be saddened if only 10 people showed up to a show because I believed I would start performing shows and get descovered by a Warner Bros. exec that happened to be in a fire hall in the Greater Baltimore area, and I would spend the rest of my teen years and life, as a rock star.

After I started to REALLY love playing music and the act of creating it, I would have a blast, even stage fright, to play in front of 20 people. I knew, when the band was doing cover tunes, they sounded like the radio..so no problem, people knew the words and grooves and sang and danced along.. But when it is an original, It feels different. The first few times the people in the audience aren't even looking to the stage, or paying attention.. But when they do.. jeesh.. Its like a job interview. Especially if the other bands are performing different genres of music. Because you feel the audience is not there to hear you genre.

So its like waking up in a chair at a job interview.. One where you dont know the company or the job you are applying for. You know your skills and your talents. You just hope its those that the interviewer is looking for.

But, that all changes when you are on the bill and people are buying tickets to see the band your in. Then it is a party.

Music is a very, very interesting medium.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I an envious, Bertus. You can get to the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam. I listen to their live broadcast every week.

But then you can't get to the local scene and hear Dave Para and Cathy Barton play (three fiddlers plus dancers on stage with them last week). It ain't classical, but it is fine old country music.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Oh, By the way... Which one's Pink?
Great album, film, and everything else. I spent years 'decoding' Pink Floyds "The Wall"!

Man was it fun. I really like the movie version of the songs. Mother is great on both versions, but along with the movie, the soundtrack version is GREAT.

"Mother will she tear your little boy apart? Ohhhh, Ahhhh
Mother will she break my heart?"

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
The count likes Reggae mon. Bob Marley, Ziggy Marley, Matisyahu, etc.

I also like heavy metal, jazz, and classical. Old school 50s rock sometimes. It really depends on my mood.

For anyone who says you cant like heavy metal and classical like Mozart, Chopin, Bach, and Mendelssohn, at the same time, I just proved them wrong. ;)

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Great album, film, and everything else. I spent years 'decoding' Pink Floyds "The Wall"!

Man was it fun. I really like the movie version of the songs. Mother is great on both versions, but along with the movie, the soundtrack version is GREAT.

"Mother will she tear your little boy apart? Ohhhh, Ahhhh
Mother will she break my heart?"

I like the movie version of "Mother" MUCH MUCH Better than the pre-movie album version. The simple melody and drums is much more poignant than the "dressed up" version on the album.

My favorite album is "The Final Cut", all of the albums, except the very early ones, are complete stories, it just takes a while sometimes to figure it out.

Roger waters, who I think rocks, went on to make several solo albums. My favorite two are Radio KAOS and Pros and Cons of Hitchiking. Both are also the "story format", which Pink Floyd stopped doing after Waters left, since he was the main writer.

In the movie, "The Wall", when the rock star is in the bathroom mumbling lyrics, he's singing a song that wasn't made/published until nearly a decade later on the "Pros and cons of hitchhiking" solo album.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The concept album is a VERY difficult thing to write. You have to have a great story and a great handle on human emotion. And a GREAT storyteller/songwriter..
..and Roger Waters is all of that.

TheFox

Joined Apr 29, 2009
I listen from everything from J.S.Bach, to animusic, to random things, like "Pirate meta". That's what I have been listening to lately, a band named Alestorm. It's funny, on some of their songs, they have a disclaimer, saying how piracy is illegal. Not that I agree with the romanticism of pirates, and piracy, but I really like their music.

Keelhauled
Wolves of the Sea

I am sure most of you, wont like it, but there's mine.

Jim