Multistage filter design recommendations

darkroom

Joined Oct 30, 2014
Hi to all!

I'm designing a multistage filter circuit to model a speaker cabinet frequency response, a typical 4x10 bass cab. From the frequency response I captured, I could implement three filters as follows:

fft-SVTCL-410-profile.png

This case includes one HP filter (red) + Notch (cyan) + LP (yellow).

This is a very crude approach I'm not considering Q, the exact frequencies I want,etc.

What I want is some recommendation for designing this kind of circuitry where active filter stages are chained, as this is my first approach.

If there are alternatives (ICs) or easy to setup digital-filters I would like to know.

Thank you very much.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I can't offer advice on the filter construction, but it seems to me you could get a fair approximation to the required response using just two band-pass filters with the bands slightly overlapping?

darkroom

Joined Oct 30, 2014
I can't offer advice on the filter construction, but it seems to me you could get a fair approximation to the required response using just two band-pass filters with the bands slightly overlapping?
Yes that could be a first approximation, and later "refine" the response with additional stages.