MULTISIM LOGIC ANALYZER DFF

idosol

Joined Apr 28, 2022
Hi,
Does anyone know why this D FF doesn't appear right through the logic analyzer? Why do the D input doesn't toggle at all? Thank you!

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Are you sure there's a connection between the red and green wires? I had a terrible time in Multisim with wires not being connected when they looked like they were. When things didn't work as expected, I started grabbing components and moving them around to make sure the wires were connected.

Learn how to use the shift key to make Multisim do more intelligent routing. When you can't avoid ugly routes, you can still move the wires manually to clean them up.

BTW, what do the wire colors mean? If, as I suspect, they don't mean anything, why are you using colored wires?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I just double checked and there is a connection between the red and green wires.
Then you need to find out why there's no clock on the D input.
It makes it easier on my eyes.
You only have a handful of wires with no crossings. It won't get much simpler than that.

Do yourself a favor and learn how to read monochrome schematics. That's what virtually all professionally drawn schematics will be. If I see anything using colors, I question the competency of the creator. Some of them are from instructors who apparently have no real-world experience.