Multiple LEDs, Multiple Switches, One Power Supply

aschneider19

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I am working to design a circuit like the following where the power supply is 9V, and there are multiple LEDs to be potentially lit, and all are turned on or off either by a switch or by air pressure (The circle the pressure is going to in the design is a capacitive plate that will make contact with the rectangles only if pressure is applied, which then completes the circuit). My problem is that I want to design a circuit that will output 4.7V to the LEDs when their respective switch is turned on no matter how many of the LEDs are on or off. If anyone has an idea of what I could implement to ensure I'm able to get 4.7V as an output no matter the combination of lights that are on or off, that would be very helpful.

upload_2019-10-7_20-35-26.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
If anyone has an idea of what I could implement to ensure I'm able to get 4.7V as an output no matter the combination of lights that are on or off, that would be very helpful.
Use a voltage regulator.

Why are you choosing to use 4.7V? Why don't you just use an off the shelf 5V power source?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Just use 5V and select a resistor to provide the current limit you need, like 470 Ohms , put all the pressure switches in Parallel to feed the LEDs...