MP3 Player Boards

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
I'm looking for a simple way to use a memory stick of MP3 files and have them play in a device.

I came across this on Amazon but the tech info seems minimal, has anyone used this or can anyone suggest other ideas?

It may just work as is, seems one just plugs a memory stick in and connects a speaker and it'll work but wanted opinions from others.

Thx

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Looks OK except apparently Mono. Look on AliExpress where you will find that board even cheaper usually. I go straight to china instead of paying the middleman upcharges aka Amazon.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Man, I never really used AliExpress, kind of steered clear of it for some reason, probably a bad experience like ten years ago!

You're not kidding about cheaper either !!

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Looks OK except apparently Mono. Look on AliExpress where you will find that board even cheaper usually. I go straight to china instead of paying the middleman upcharges aka Amazon.
So how would you select one of the umpteen suppliers there? is there any recommendation? reputable source etc?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Amazon, AliExpress, Banggood and ebay know nothing about electronic products. Their audio products have no audio spec's, just size and weight.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Youse pays yer money and takes yer chance... I typically search for the cheapest shipped cost since they are all selling the exact same thing. Sometime you win, sometimes you lose. Typical delivery is ~2-3 months and they are about to have their 2 weeks new year shutdown in china.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I have only ever had one problem with AliExpress. They promptly refunded my money.
This would be a much better buy, for around $10.00 including shipping. It will play MP3 files from U-disk or micro SD cards. It has a built in FM receiver and connections for an auxiliary input. You can select which power amplifier option suits your need best.
I got one before they had the power amp option built in and I use it all the time. I Added my own amp and play the TV sound through it.
The remote control is very useful. I can select the input and control the volume without having to get out of my chair.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
I have only ever had one problem with AliExpress. They promptly refunded my money.
This would be a much better buy, for around $10.00 including shipping. It will play MP3 files from U-disk or micro SD cards. It has a built in FM receiver and connections for an auxiliary input. You can select which power amplifier option suits your need best.
I got one before they had the power amp option built in and I use it all the time. I Added my own amp and play the TV sound through it.
The remote control is very useful. I can select the input and control the volume without having to get out of my chair.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
Thanks.

Actually I'm just toying with the idea of putting a simple MP3 player board into a battery operated wall clock.

I can then have a high quality grandfather clock pendulum ticking sound coming from the clock.

This began when I was unable to find a modern batter clock that has no sound options, not a huge market of course but I like the slow, deep grandfather clock tick/tock sound sometimes, reminds of me reading science books in a peaceful house on a summer afternoon as a kid !