Movies that make you smile?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
For Christmas night I'm watching Apocalypse Now. I took a out-rigger boat tour up the river where the movie was filmed about a year after the release of the movie. Most of the sets were still there in the jungle and on the beach.
IMG_20181225_205118589_HDR.jpg
A crazy story set in an absolutely wonderful place.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Like x 100!

I never knew Airplane! -- one of my all time favorite movies -- was a literal remake of a former flick.

Cool.
Knowing that IMO makes Airplane even funnier if you've seen both movies. The downside is you can't watch Zero Hour! without cracking up.

djguru

Joined Feb 10, 2019
Bumblebee
Opening felt like the cartoons of old, was great to see them all in their 80's forms and was better than the entire 5 previous films

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The new Eastwood movie 'The Mule' looks like a winner.

He's always had a thing for mules.
“The Mule” was an incredible movie. Other recent winners are “The Upside” and (awesome movie) “The Green Book”. One from last year which makes this list, I rented this weekend to watch again. “The Greatest Showman”, a biopic about P.T. Barnum starring Hugh Jackman. The production quality is over the top. Also, for the music, you have to see “Bohemian Rhapsody”. The performance by Rami Malek cannot be missed. Plus, I have to add “A Star is Born” with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.