Movies that make you smile?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
"Dough" only got 6.2 on Rotten Tomatoes, but not a bad little movie.

Spoiler:
An old Jewish baker struggles to keep his business afloat in the east end of London until his young Muslim apprentice drops cannabis in the dough and sends sales sky high.
Max.
That premise sounds like "Green Butchers". A dark comedy i like very much.

The trailer is good because it leaves key part behind - how they get successful.

Heavy Metal
Interesting? Looks a conflation of 'Jayme Somers'+'Mad Max'+'StarWars (1977) pub scene' --- Which being about as 70s as it gets!:D And here I thought that tune was with reference to 'cruising under the influence':eek: -- wadda worldo_O:cool:

While I'm bound to confess that I --for all intents and purposes--'missed' the seventies (DOB in 1975) -- much of my favourite entertainment (AV and aural) stems from that period...

Very best regards
HP

PS
Ah... Yes... As to my 'entry'? -- 'movies that make me smile'? --- Off hand it would seem the closing acts of 2001 a space odyssey occupy a lofty position upon that list (Spec the sequences following Dave's 'pulling of Hal's plug', as it were... (Now! Now! No 'conclusions' prior to seeing the picture please!:eek:;))

Very best regards
HP:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Sidney Wang (Peter Sellers).
"Ah a room full of empty people"
Max.:p
MaxHeadRoom You prolly know this but that's line from _Murder By Death_ which is also totally hilarious movie:D!
So FWIW @Hypatia's Protege always says her all time fave line from ANY movie is from that same scene where Sellers says: _I like it but I don't understand it_ So I say we've all been _there_ a few times:cool:!

Movies that make you smile?
Without wishing to appear 'callous' I've gotta add "Mrs. Miniver" to that list -- with special attention to the scene wherein the daughter-in-law expires sans a final smoke!???:confused::confused::confused::eek: (Nope, sorry! Awaiting a glass of water doesn't 'cut it';))

Connoisseurs of old-time entertainment will understand my amusement at said 'juncture':D -- My 'critics', of course, will view this as 'confirmation' that I am, indeed, the 'heartless bitch' they imagine me to be - C'est la vie!:(

Best regards
HP:)

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Hello,

How about the movie "kinky boots"

In there a shoe maker that almost goes broke makes boots with high heels for men.

Bertus
Starts out a bit slow, but I liked it. Made me smile, when you get into the film there is some shoes for a female, they actually save his life.

kv

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Check out Netflix Documentary American Factory filmed in the actual factory taken over by the Chinese.
Introduction by Barack Obama
Max.