Motor speed pulsating

riccardof

Joined Oct 3, 2017
I have a threadmill motor controlled via an mc2100els-18w. Suddenly it started driving the motor in pulses, and even if I try to increase speed it goes up but always pulsating. Any idea what to look for?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Is the motor on the T.M. or on a separate application?
If it is using the pulse wheel on the motor, this could be part of the problem.
Max.

riccardof

Joined Oct 3, 2017
Is the motor on the T.M. or on a separate application?
If it is using the pulse wheel on the motor, this could be part of the problem.
Max.
Thank you for your reply... no it is still fitted to TM. IMO the LED flickers normally. In the video I was trying to set calibration but the speed fluctuates due to the behaviour of the motor... in the other video listen to the motor trying to increase speed... [videos]

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
not a bad commutator section.
Not sure what the problem is but I suspect there is an uneven mechanical load; something wrong with the belt in a certain spot that makes it have to try very hard in the same place every time. try tuning it by hand and see if there is spot that is hard to turn.

riccardof

Joined Oct 3, 2017
not a bad commutator section.
Not sure what the problem is but I suspect there is an uneven mechanical load; something wrong with the belt in a certain spot that makes it have to try very hard in the same place every time. try tuning it by hand and see if there is spot that is hard to turn.
No uneven mechanical load for sure. I’m pretty confident it’s the controller board... but don’t know where to start from, capacitors? PWM controller?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
remove the board and look it over both sides. look for burnt spots. Look for capacitors that are puffy. Look for exploded components