Motion sensor momentary switch control

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
From the photo it appears that Q1 is switching the lights to ground or the negative side of the battery pack. The circuit above will need a modification.
I'll let Tonyr chime in here and fix it.
SG
If Q1 is applying ground - in what way does my circuit need "fix(ing)"? I'm certainly not the greatest electronics engineer ever to grace the planet. In other words, I'm willing to learn something new or more.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
What's wrong with this?
Just a few suggestions . You don't need the diode or the 47 ohm resistor there is a 18 ohm in series with the OUT lead. I would change the value of the cap to get the desired ON time of the relay. Last I would connect the "Assumed Out" to the black wire on the other side of the ON-OFF switch.

DMP

Joined Oct 5, 2020
Just a few suggestions . You don't need the diode or the 47 ohm resistor there is a 18 ohm in series with the OUT lead. I would change the value of the cap to get the desired ON time of the relay. Last I would connect the "Assumed Out" to the black wire on the other side of the ON-OFF switch.
I am using the PIR off of what is shown in the picture. I was planning on using a plug in circuit board. What do I need in the circuit to close the normally open momentary switch closed for one second?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
What do I need in the circuit to close the normally open momentary switch closed for one second?
You need a 5 or 6 volt relay, a 1000 ohm 1/4 watt resistor and a capacitor. The value of the capacitor will depend on the relay selected.
Speaking of the PIR motion detector light does it have a delay timer meaning when activated how long does the light stay on?

DMP

Joined Oct 5, 2020
You need a 5 or 6 volt relay, a 1000 ohm 1/4 watt resistor and a capacitor. The value of the capacitor will depend on the relay selected.
Speaking of the PIR motion detector light does it have a delay timer meaning when activated how long does the light stay on?
It stays on about 10 minutes. Is it the PIR that keeps the light on?
I have removed the PIR from its circuit board. I have a relay SRS-05VDC-SL.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
It stays on about 10 minutes. Is it the PIR that keeps the light on?
I have removed the PIR from its circuit board. I have a relay SRS-05VDC-SL.
The time delay is part of the circuit that controls the PIR. You cannot remove the PIR and just connect to a relay. I'm not sure if that motion detector is going work. You could only activate the sprayer once every 10 minutes.