Motion activated LED with Limited Space

douglasb

Joined May 7, 2019
Aim: Turn on an LED by lifting an object (and circuitry) up and down

This is quite a simple project that I'm working on, the hard part is the space restrictions. The less space the electronics take up the better and it needs to be battery powered. Ideally it would all fit in a cylinder 20mm dia x 20mm but more space can definitely be added.

I have looked into these: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1766 as a sort of dumb way to turn on the LED but they are quite hard to trigger (they prefer actual vibrations than the slow movement I'm working with) and only turn on for quick flashes. I was thinking there might be a way to delay the switch so when it turns on for a second the LED stays on for longer.

I was wondering if there was a way of using a microcontroller to fine tune this but powered by a button cell or a sing AAA or AA.
Otherwise I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Could you explain what this thing will be? Maybe a drawing? If will help a great deal if you can explain why you are doing this.

There are many possible approaches and without more information this is going to be a guessing game.

douglasb

Joined May 7, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Could you explain what this thing will be? Maybe a drawing? If will help a great deal if you can explain why you are doing this.

There are many possible approaches and without more information this is going to be a guessing game.
It's to simply add a lighting effect to an object, more of a system I'd like to create. However for small applications like a water bottle or a pen. It must be motion activated but there are many possible ways to go about it.