MOSFET Transistor Vds Rating

majdi

Joined Jun 22, 2011
Hello and good day. I just want to know, it is ok to used higher Vds rating mosfet to my original Motor inverter board. The original part STW20NM50 have Vds 500V rating and i cannot get any in my area. Can i replace with STW20NM60 , all specification same but only Vds is different 600V.

pmd34

Joined Feb 22, 2014
Hi majdi, that is fine. The max Vds is the maximum voltage that can be placed between the drain and source of the FET without damage, so using a higher voltage will not cause any problems.

majdi

Joined Jun 22, 2011
Hi majdi, that is fine. The max Vds is the maximum voltage that can be placed between the drain and source of the FET without damage, so using a higher voltage will not cause any problems.
Thank you very much pmd34, it help a lot.

One more, when looking into catalog list. I can see same spect of MOSFET. But it added with new FDmesh. Which the difference only one MOSFET without fast recovery diode.

And FDmesh MOSFET have added with fast recovery diode. These also dont effect and cause any problem if original MOSFET used non FDmesh right?

TeeKay6

Joined Apr 20, 2019
Thank you very much pmd34, it help a lot.

One more, when looking into catalog list. I can see same spect of MOSFET. But it added with new FDmesh. Which the difference only one MOSFET without fast recovery diode.

And FDmesh MOSFET have added with fast recovery diode. These also dont effect and cause any problem if original MOSFET used non FDmesh right?
The two MOSFET part numbers you provided are for identical devices except for the slightly higher Vds rating and Rds(on) ratings; the differences are not significant. Both devices feature "FDmesh." The "60" device should be a good replacement for the "50" device.

majdi

Joined Jun 22, 2011
The two MOSFET part numbers you provided are for identical devices except for the slightly higher Vds rating and Rds(on) ratings; the differences are not significant. Both devices feature "FDmesh." The "60" device should be a good replacement for the "50" device.

Thank you very much TeeKay6. Already order the part. Will install in Electrolux Washing Machine Motor driver. Hope these will save me some money ;)