I am using two MOSFETS in parallel to drive four solenoids. The solenoids when turned on take about 40 amps at 16v. Each mosfet/solenoid combination is called a stage. I have four stages I am switching. I have a voltage-in busbar that is 0.080" thick and 0.500" wide that the Source pins on the MOSFET are soldered. I calculate the busbar to handle 465 amps
When I turn on one stage everything is happy. When I activate the second stage, the solenoids act like they aren't getting full voltage.
The spec sheet on the MOSFET I am using can be found at this link http://www.vishay.com/doc?73493
I am pulling the gate directly to ground. Looking at the spec sheet the VGS is -2/-4 min/max. The MOSFETS turn on and off just fine without solenoids connected. Its seems to be a load deal when the second is activated.
Any ideas?
When I turn on one stage everything is happy. When I activate the second stage, the solenoids act like they aren't getting full voltage.
The spec sheet on the MOSFET I am using can be found at this link http://www.vishay.com/doc?73493
I am pulling the gate directly to ground. Looking at the spec sheet the VGS is -2/-4 min/max. The MOSFETS turn on and off just fine without solenoids connected. Its seems to be a load deal when the second is activated.
Any ideas?