MOSFET for bypassing BMS while discharging (common charge discharge port for a UPS)

imranmahsud

Joined Mar 3, 2019
Please help me how to wire the circuit with MOSFET (100 amp mosfet as per requirement of load) so that charging of the battery is done through the BMS but discharging is direct by bypassing the BMS since it is rated for 15 amps. Pl see the attachment

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
I would advise against bypassing the BMS, unless you wish to destroy the battery or have some alternative current-limiting plan.

imranmahsud

Joined Mar 3, 2019
The rated current for the bms is 15 amps while during discharge i am anticipating 100 amps since the hybrid inverter will cut of battery at a preset lower voltage, I want only the balance function of the bms during charging and want to skip the bms during discharge. Do you think this
https://www.evselectro.com/irf3207-mosfet-2220?search=Mosfet&page=3
Is appropriate mosfet for the task and how to wire it is the real question

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
That FET won't cope with 100A. The datasheet says "Package limitation current is 75A".
Without a schematic of the BMS the FET wiring would be guesswork.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
That's not a schematic, unfortunately. None of the component values or connections are shown. Also, since the module has a controller IC you would have to interface correctly with that.