MOSFET Choice for controlling ATX PSU Rails

elephunk

Joined Nov 21, 2016
Cheers AlbertHall, yeah I know about wrong Gate/Source and am just looking at making my own components in eagle to correct this now. Thanks everyone for all your help, it greatly appreciated,

Iain

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Cheers AlbertHall, yeah I know about wrong Gate/Source and am just looking at making my own components in eagle to correct this now. Thanks everyone for all your help, it greatly appreciated,

Iain
The component itself is fine, you just need to use the rotate and mirror functions (on the edit menu) to turn it the right way round.

elephunk

Joined Nov 21, 2016
So next quick one, and back onto the subject of driving all "switches" off one Arduino pin, if the Arduino can only provide a certain amount of current from it pins, and I have virtually unlimited 3.3v in comparison to what the Arduino provides coming from the PSU, are there any compelling reasons to go with either driving them all off one pin or, driving one of the Arduino pin to control the rest off the 3.3v rail??

I'm just thinking of not trying to draw power from the Arduino too much and trying to use the PSU as much as possible, as in my head it's saving putting too much through the Arduino and saving on wear and tear lol.

Cheers Iain