mosfet buffer amp help

julesison

Joined Nov 29, 2015
hi folks, i'm obviously being lazy here but figure i'd risk members wrath (and save killing product) rather than read through posts for a week, apologies in advance.
could someone with knowledge please tell me the simplest way (circuit) to take the signal from a signal generator and feed it into a transformer.
i want to experiment with ferrites/windings etc etc and so need to amplify/buffer the signal from the generator to the experimental transformers, which will be all sorts of inductances and all sorts of reactances.
the frequency will be below 60 khz.
equipment i have is: a 0-30 bench top psu, a gwinstek gfg-8215a signal generator, a scope and multimeters etc
i have some irf540n mosfets, so would like to use those if posssible.
i was initially at least going to keep the signals to single sided square wave.
i’ve never used mosfets and have heard they need different setup/biasing than bipolars and am scared i’ll kill the few semi’s i have before i get it right. thanking you in advance for your help.

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014

julesison

Joined Nov 29, 2015
I did ask for specific help. If I am to learn all the necessary technical skills I wouldn't need to ask. This is not a discipline I intend to pursue, just a couple of experiments for a specific purpose, a "one off" if you like. If you cannot give me a circuit I guess I can go to Freelancer or Elance etc for qualified help.