Monostable and Astable dice circuit

SHOCKSREAMGUS 101

Joined Mar 24, 2018
Hello all, recently, my school gave us an electronics project on which we had to build a circuit that incorporated Astable and monostable multivibrators. I chose a dice circuit that would blink at rapid speeds once S1 was pressed down (See attached PNG). However, this circuit only has the 555 timer in Astable mode. I'm trying to incorporate a monostable mode for it but it's very challenging. Most sources on the internet only use the 555 timer in Astable mode for dice circuits on a breadboard. It's mandatory that the circuit is both satable and monostable but I have no idea how to incorporate monostable mode for my dice circuit. Help will be most appreicated.

elec.png

-Bryan

Moderators note : shown image full size

Last edited by a moderator:

SHOCKSREAMGUS 101

Joined Mar 24, 2018
Hello all, I am creating a dice circuit on a breadboard that incorporates a 555 timer in both monostable and astable modes. I have made the astable circuit but I am having trouble incorporating the monostable mode in. What I want my circuit to do, is after I press the switch (S1), the LEDs will flash rapidly and will stop flashing once I release my finger. When I release my finger, one of the LEDs will still remain on but the light will fade after some time. Help will be much appreciated.

Best regards:
Bryan

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I have made the astable circuit but I am having trouble incorporating the monostable mode in.
What is the problem with the one shot?
What I want my circuit to do, is after I press the switch (S1), the LEDs will flash rapidly and will stop flashing once I release my finger. When I release my finger, one of the LEDs will still remain on but the light will fade after some time.
You have a switch in each of your schematics, but neither is labeled. I assume S1 is the switch in series with the CD4017 clock input (which you shouldn't let float).

How are you expecting to be able to dim the LED when it's being powered from the counter output? You can't even turn it off because you're using Q0.

SHOCKSREAMGUS 101

Joined Mar 24, 2018
Ah, I see, thank you for your words, I'll go and rectify my circuit.

The problem is, I need to include a monostable mode as well, but my current circuit only has the astable mode.
Regards,
Bryan