Momentary switch to sequence multiple switches.

davetpilot

Joined Aug 18, 2014
Hello all,

I apologize if this is an easy find but I don't really know how to word the search to get any results that I want.

I need a circuit that will utilize a single push button momentary switch to sequentially activate multiple switches. Each press of the momentary button needs to activate the next switch in sequence and at the same time, turn off the current switch.

Switching voltage will be 5 vdc.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
How many "multiple switches"?
How much current at each of the "multiple switch" outputs? (what does it drive)
Does each "multiple switch" need to be isolated or can they be common to gnd or +5V?

davetpilot

Joined Aug 18, 2014
How many "multiple switches"?
How much current at each of the "multiple switch" outputs? (what does it drive)
Does each "multiple switch" need to be isolated or can they be common to gnd or +5V?
I want to switch a usb hub, remotely. I have a 4 port hub with a manual power switch for each port. In the current configuration, all of the ports can be powered at the same time or any combination of the 4. I can bypass the switches for remote switching but I need to do this with one remote switch and I need it to allow only one port to be powered at a time.

I want to be able to push a single button, turning on the first usb while keeping the others off. The next push of the button would turn off the first, and turn on the second...etc.

It is important for this project that only one usb port is powered at a time.

It will drive USB flash drives.

Additional thought. This could be done with a 4 position rotary switch. What I am trying to do is, replace a rotary switch with a circuit that will do the same thing with one push button.

Last edited: