Molex Mini-Fit Jr Connector Mounting Help

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The 4.2mm pitch could be wired from pins to a 0.1" board with 20 gauge wire and cover the connections with heat-shrink tubing.

minkey01

Joined Jul 23, 2014
The 4.2mm pitch could be wired from pins to a 0.1" board with 20 gauge wire and cover the connections with heat-shrink tubing.
so the header would be floating around by the wires. hmm.. i think it would need to be secured somehow, so it isn't flapping around and putting stress on the wire connections.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
so the header would be floating around by the wires. hmm.. i think it would need to be secured somehow, so it isn't flapping around and putting stress on the wire connections.
Why? What application? You can also just clip the whole connector and hard wire directly to the board - desolder when needed. Other than that, you'll have to hack together a pcb - I haven't seen adapter boards for 4.2 mm connectors.

minkey01

Joined Jul 23, 2014
Why? What application? You can also just clip the whole connector and hard wire directly to the board - desolder when needed. Other than that, you'll have to hack together a pcb - I haven't seen adapter boards for 4.2 mm connectors.
ok. thanks. looks like i should probably get a custom pcb made.