Modify frequency pulse electric fence.

Bergster

Joined Aug 3, 2017
Hello,

Recently I bought an electric fence equipment, but don't get workings as I liked. Could be any way to modify the frequency of the pulse?. I would like to make it more faster, if possible, using some potentiometer to change it's value.

CAM00253.jpg CAM00261.jpg CAM00260.jpg

Thanks for the time.

Berg.

Bergster

Joined Aug 3, 2017
Thank for your answers, the electric fence is intended to make a big fly trap, to prevent wasp invasion to my vines. This wasp flies so fast, when the pulse strikes, they fly away during the time it strikes again. So it need to be faster.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
High Voltage DC would be more effective at humanely (?) making the wasps crisp and safer for people who might accidentally come into contact with it. You would probably just have to add a diode and an appropriately sized capacitor to your zapper.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
They are looking into electronics for pest control. A cost effective non chemical solution is a huge opportunity for some eager engineers. One could call it a "bill gates" or "apple" type of opportunity.

If you have an audio quiet area.....you might detect the wasp with an appropriately filtered audio amp.....for the wasp's wing beat frequency. If detected....you could emit a frequency swinging pulse......close to the wing beat frequency.....to disturb their flight in your area. It might deter them. Of course your neighbors might not like it. I think wasps are like 200-400 hz......if you have wide open spaces....and point speakers up....it might not be too bad. And it might do nothing. The "field" is wide open.....for much experimentation.

I've been reading more and more articles like this.

http://www.popsci.com/blog-network/our-modern-plagues/identifying-insects-music-their-wings