Model Launch Controller Help

Andrew Klees

Joined Feb 19, 2018
Hello All,

I'm attempting to create my own launch controller but have little experience when it comes to wiring schematics or even the fundamentals of circuitry. I have the pieces I want to use and I believe I have all the supplies necessary. I was wondering if anyone could please help with the schematic. Possibly hand drawn for a neophyte like me? I have an on off switch which I believe has an IMG_48002.jpg LED inside. My hope was to use that as my continuity check. A toggle switch, and a momentary contact switch. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated. Here's a pic of the order I had hoped to use. Thanks in advance.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The only feature you want that raises a question mark is the continuity check. That obviously needs to be a low-current circuit to have no risk of unintended ignition. Otherwise, it's just switches. That's how I did mine many years ago.

There's been an enormous amount of discussion here about rocket launcher wiring. It can be as elaborate or as simple as you want. My bias is towards simple, since it's easier to ensure safety (and efficacy) of a very simple system. But those other threads have details about the proper current for continuity checking and much more.

Let's see, here's one:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/wireless-rocket-launch-controller.139825