Mobile phone SIM circuit problem

ad.6

Joined Aug 24, 2015
I have an old LG KU385 and all at once it stopped reading any SIM card I gave it. It wouldn't be a serious problem if it wasn't that this old phone doesn't allow me to log in unless I insert a SIM card and so... :confused:
Firstly I thought it possibly was a software problem but I tried to make a strong pressure on the SIM card (while taking the battery half in balance in order to reach the card with my finger) and it logged in for three times and for three times my position was so unstable I wasn't able to press any key without make my phone turn off :eek:
Since it turned to be a pressure problem, I guess it is a circuit problem, in the sense that by mean of the pressure I made the contacts connect and then the SIM to be recognized. How do you think I can solve my problem? :D

Thank you :)

P.S. I only need a solution that last just ten minutes to take my time and save all the stuff inside the phone (I tried all kind of other backup solution but in vain).
P.P.S. The photo is horrible, but I can manage to make a better one; the SIM slot is the one on the upper left corner and the metal band cannot be removed temporarily.
Foto del 24-08-15 alle 12.18.jpg

ad.6

Joined Aug 24, 2015
Thank you for your answer :)
I've firstly cleaned the card (and tried with other ones) but I wasn't able to clean the contacts in the socket because of the metal band over them. I tried to take it off but it seems to be strongly glued or something like this

ad.6

Joined Aug 24, 2015
I've now managed to clean the socket with a wet and very little piece of cloth, but the SIM is still not connecting :(

Don't you know another method to connect my SIM or a provisional way to better connect the socket?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Maybe you can carefully solder jumper wires from the SIM to the PC board, but be very careful to use a hot soldering iron and use small gauge solder with plenty of flux and small gauge tinned wire to solder to the SIM as rapidly as possible so you don't melt it. (I don't know, maybe melting it is ok, but why tempt fate).

It might be that something is hopelessly broken.

ad.6

Joined Aug 24, 2015
Ok, thank you for your suggestion!:D I'll try to find a safe way to connect everything, in the hope that nothing there is broken forever!