MKR WiFi 1010...problem installing firmware

• Thread starter Deleted member 750607
  • Start date

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Hi

im trying to do the firmware updater...it uploads but then I can't finish downloading because when I hit "update firmware" there is an error message that says "error while erasing flash memory". I think once it also said "error while writing flash memory".

Just trying to get my arduino opla IOT kit working. it's been months of trying and trying. this is something im trying to get the board to respond finally.

by the way I use a Mac with the latest os update, and I do have create agent installed

thx to anyone who can help me finally bring this kit to life

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I really wish I could help you with this more. I just don't know that particular board and so all my help has been generic. I do hope you get it working though at some point it would seem most sensible to get something else, I would think.

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I really wish I could help you with this more. I just don't know that particular board and so all my help has been generic. I do hope you get it working though at some point it would seem most sensible to get something else, I would think.
I really appreciate you taking time to help me!!

I finally got a quick blink sketch to work when I unplugged the MKR WiFi 1010 from its carrier...so I guess the problem is with the carrier and not the board

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I really appreciate you taking time to help me!!

I finally got a quick blink sketch to work when I unplugged the MKR WiFi 1010 from its carrier...so I guess the problem is with the carrier and not the board
I suspected there might be something on the shield causing you trouble, now we just have to work out what that is!

Deleted member 750607

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I suspected there might be something on the shield causing you trouble, now we just have to work out what that is!
So...im happy to say...the problem has been solved...but im embarrassed because the mistake was so stupid!!! I thought the network name and password was for sharing your project...once I filled in my REAL network and password information...EVERYTHING WORKED FINE!!!

Im so embarrassed...its been months...lol...

I appreciate your help and wanted to let you know that I figured everything out finally... :)

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
So...im happy to say...the problem has been solved...but im embarrassed because the mistake was so stupid!!! I thought the network name and password was for sharing your project...once I filled in my REAL network and password information...EVERYTHING WORKED FINE!!!

Im so embarrassed...its been months...lol...

I appreciate your help and wanted to let you know that I figured everything out finally... :)
I am glad you figured it out! I don't know anyone who hasn't made "stupid" mistakes on the way to learning how not to make them. Have fun with it!