Milk heater

killycolpy

Joined Feb 6, 2023
Can anyone advise the best way to heat between 50and 100ml of milk and keep it at approximately 37c I want to have the milk pumped down a 2 meter long tube which I will have connected to tiny teats for the purpose of feeding baby kittens if the mum was ever sick and could not do it herself

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I'd be willing to bet that the Kittens won't scoff at a meal because it's not the perfect Temperature.
An Immersible-Aquarium-Heater from a Pet-Shop would probably do an excellent job.

killycolpy

Joined Feb 6, 2023
I'd be willing to bet that the Kittens won't scoff at a meal because it's not the perfect Temperature.
An Immersible-Aquarium-Heater from a Pet-Shop would probably do an excellent job.
What is the temperature and will it maintain this all day

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
100ml = Less than 1/2 a cup.
You can get small square jars that size. (spices etc).
The hand warmer could be strapped to the side, I assume you may want to insulate/wrap the jar?
They are re-chargeable, you could leave it on charge all the time.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Aquarium-Heaters are built inside a Tempered-Glass-Tube about ~10-inches-long,
( at least they were ~40-years ago ),
and have a user-set Thermostat-Knob on top.
They are designed to clamp to the top-metal-rail on an Aquarium-Tank.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Aquarium-Heaters are built inside a Tempered-Glass-Tube about ~10-inches-long,
( at least they were ~40-years ago ),
and have a user-set Thermostat-Knob on top.
They are designed to clamp to the top-metal-rail on an Aquarium-Tank.
You can get a small-tank heater that’s only about 3” tall. I have one for my 1.5 gallon tank.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
It would be much better to heat only the milk in the tube. A PTC can be used to make sure the milk is not overheated.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You can roll your own or take an off the shelf. A Google of "12 volt baby bottle warmer" will bring up a dozen hits. Years ago when our kids were babies (over 40 years ago) we had a 12 volt unit that just plugged into the car cigarette lighter for when we traveled. They have come a long way. :)

Ron

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
You can roll your own or take an off the shelf. A Google of "12 volt baby bottle warmer" will bring up a dozen hits. Years ago when our kids were babies (over 40 years ago) we had a 12 volt unit that just plugged into the car cigarette lighter for when we traveled. They have come a long way. :)

Ron
I think my parents just used their cigarettes to warm it in the car.